We need to hold personal information about you on our computer systems and in paper records to help us to look after your health needs, and your doctor is responsible for their accuracy and safe-keeping. Please help to keep your record up to date by informing us of any changes to your circumstances.
Doctors and staff in the practice have access to your medical records to enable them to do their jobs. From time to time information may be shared with others involved in your care if it is necessary. Anyone with access to your record if properly trained in confidentiality issues and is governed by both legal and contractual duty to keep your details private.
All information about you is held securely and appropriate safe guards are in place to prevent accidentals loss.
In some circumstances we may be required by law to release your details to statutory or other official bodies, for example if a court order is presented, or in the case of public health issues. In other circumstance you may be required to give written consent before information is released – such as for medical reports for insurance, solicitors etc.
To ensure your privacy, we will not disclose information over the telephone or fax unless we are sure that we are talking to you. Information will not be disclosed to family, friends or spouses unless we have prior written consent, and we do not leave messages with others.
You have a right to see your records if you wish. Please ask at reception if you would like further details about our how to request this. An appointment may be required. In some circumstances a fee may be payable.
This practice is committed to preserving, as far as is practical, the security of data used by our information systems. This means that we will take all reasonable actions to;
Maintain The Confidentiality Of All Data Within The Practice By
- Ensuring that only authorised persons can gain access to our systems.
- Not disclosing information to anyone who has no right to see it.
Maintain The Integrity Of All Data Within The Practice By
- Taking care over input.
- Ensuring that all changes are reported and monitored.
- Checking that the correct record is on the screen before updating.
- Reporting all apparent errors and ensuring that they are resolved.
Maintain The Availability Of All Data By
- Ensuring that all equipment is protected from intruders.
- Ensuring that backups are taken at regular, predetermined intervals.
- Ensuring that contingency is provided for possible failure or equipment theft and that any such contingency plans are tested and kept up to date.
Additionally we will take all reasonable measures to comply with our legal responsibilities under: