Complaints - further information

We want you to let us know if you are unhappy or if you have a suggestion about how we can do things better.

If you want to give us feedback, compliments, or suggestions, please visit the Patient Reviews, Suggestions and Complaints Page.

The page you are currently visiting contains more specific advice about how to make a complaint and what to expect from us if you do so. If you would prefer this information in another format, please contact the surgery admin team and it can be provided to you.

Making a complaint will not affect your treatment and will be treated in confidence.

How to Complain

If you wish to make a complaint you can either do this verbally or in writing. Please tell a member of staff about your concerns to see if the issues can be addressed at the time. If this is unsatisfactory, you can also ask for an appointment with Mrs Jo Acres, Deputy Practice Manager or Dr Helen Lucas, Senior Partner, to discuss your concerns.

If you wish to put your concerns in writing, please note that the letter does not need to be long or detailed, but it should include:

  • who or what you are complaining about, including the names of staff if you know them;
  • where and when the events of the complaint happened. If you are complaining about several matters, make it clear which are the most important ones;
  • what, if anything, you have already done (ie if you have spoken to any member of staff already)
  • what you would like from the complaint, (for example, an apology, an explanation or changes to the services we provide)

You need to make your complaint within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem relating to a specific incident. The sooner you mention what is troubling you, the better the chance of getting something done for you or your family.

What we will do

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days, including the time scale for our reply. We aim to offer you an explanation within that time frame, or a meeting with the staff involved.

We will look into your complaint to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Invite you to discuss the problem with those involved, if you would like this
  • Apologise where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure that the problem does not happen again.

Who may complain

You may make a complaint on your own behalf or that of someone else, such as a relative or friend. If it is for someone else we need their written consent or proof that you are their next of kin or have their agreement. You may also complain about care given to a patient who has died. If you are unable to make a complaint yourself, you can ask a relative or friend to act on your behalf, but they need your permission.

Getting Help

If you want advice, there are people to give you help with what can be a complicated system.

POhWER – is the provider of Independent Health Complaints Advocacy in Wandsworth

POhWER help people who, because of disability, illness, social exclusion and other challenges, find it difficult to express their views or get the support they need.

Their mission is to empower people to have a voice and make a real difference to their lives. They do this by speaking for them when they can't and by supporting them to speak for themselves when they can.

They are a charity and the advocacy, information and advice services they provide are free, independent and confidential.

Tel: 0300 456 2370 / 0203 553 5960

Email: /



If you prefer, you can phone or write to the complaints department at NHS England:

NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

Their staff will aim try to sort out complaints and can make enquiries on your behalf.

Email Address:

Telephone: 0300 311 22 33

If you are not satisfied

If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman on 0845 015 4033 or
The website is:

Millbank Tower, 30 Millbank, Westminster, London SW1P 4QP