As a patient of this practice you can expect:
- to be seen the same day for conditions you and your doctor agree are urgent.
- to be seen by a doctor within two working days for non-urgent conditions.
- to have your records treated confidentially, subject to your wish to have relatives and friends informed of the progress of your treatment.
- to be seen within thirty minutes of any appointment you are offered at the surgery, and failing this an explanation.
- to be seen at home at your doctors discretion.
- to have your long term medication and treatment reviewed at agreed intervals.
- to be informed (through leaflets, this site etc.) of the practices services and how best to use them.
- to receive healthcare in clean, comfortable and appropriate surroundings.
- to be treated with courtesy.
We would expect you:
- to treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy.
- to be punctual for your appointment time, or if you are unable to attend, to cancel.
- to make more than one appointment if more than one person needs to be seen.
- to be prepared to make further appointments if you have numerous or complicated problems.
- to be patient if appointment times are running late - it may be you who needs the extra time on another occasion.
- to ask for a home visit only if the illness prevents you from attending the surgery - children can usually be brought to the surgery safely.
- to contact the out of hours service only in cases of an emergency which cannot wait until the next working day.
We hope to build up a good relationship with all our patients. If we find that you cannot meet your responsibilities we can remove you from our practice list, as a last resort. Violence towards staff will not be tolerated, violent patients will be taken off the list immediately.
You may choose to register with another practice if you find that we cannot meet your needs or expectations.